Tuesday 17 June 2008

My current favourite stamp set ~ Brocade Basics!

I've officially fallen in love... with Brocade Basics!
I made this one for my brother to give to his friend who is getting married in September. I liked it so much that I made a copy for myself and plan to use it for a workshop soon! I've used Perfect Plum, Pale Plum, Sage Shadow and Very Vanilla CS, Perfect Plum, Pale Plum and Sage Shadow Inks, the Brocade Basics and the Cheer and Wishes sets, and a brad for the greeting strip. I also used the slit punch on the corners and you cant see it, but the strip is also brushed with the sanding block! Ok, this one might not look very nice, but I like it more in real life. I used the wet watercolour technique, with Regal Rose, River Rock and Whisper White CS, Regal Rose and Old Olive crayons, White grosgrain ribbon, and water in a spray bottle
And lastly, I got this idea from Marelle Taylor (http://marelletaylor.blogspot.com/). I used Summer Sun, Ruby Red and Very Vanilla CS, Wild Wasabi and Summer Sun inks, Ruby Red, Pumpkin Pie and Summer sun markers and Wild Wasabi D/S ribbon. I roughed up the edges using my fingers, and stamped the full flower on the Summer Sun CS as a border. Oh, and I used some pearls for the centre of the flower, and dimensionals to build the petals up.
I really like how they all turned out.
Can you see why I am in love with this set?????

3 comments:

Mandalika said...

Oh I love what you did with this set so now of course I have to get it! Beautiful work Mel.

Sharon said...

I haven't yet bought this set but I think it will be in my next order. These cards are beautiful Mel. And Brocade Basics makes it so easy.

Alana Galagher said...

These are beautiful! - I really need to get Brocade Basics now :-)