Saturday 11 April 2009

Saturday Spotlight - Washington Apple DSP

Good morning everyone!
For this week's Saturday Spotlight, I am featuring the Washington Apple DSP, but one one sheet at the moment! I got a bit carried away and actually forgot there were other designs in the pack!

On my first look through the new 09/10 Ideas Book & Catalogue, this is the DSP that jumped out at me. Meet Washington Apple - my new favourite DSP!

Here are a few ideas I have come up with to share with you...

Here I have some 3x3" cards. I started with a Cocoa base, and layered Riding Hood Red and the DSP on top. I have then simplypierced holes around the edges.
Next up is the little hedgehog from Fun & Fast Notes! I've stamped him in black onto Confetti White CS, and used my Earth Elements markers and blender pens to colour him in. I sponged Riding Hood Red around the edges and layered onto coordinating CS. I used the same colour ink pad to stamp the Friendly wheel along the top and glued the DSP on the bottom. I then used Dimensionals to hold the hedgehog in place and pierced along the bottom edge.
Here's a new set for you - Greetings Eight! This card uses the cake which I have watercoloured using ink pads and blender pens, then layered onto Bashful Blue CS. The background is Pumpkin Pie. I used the DSP to layer onto Bashful Blue then Riding Hood Red CS and adhered it on the side. I then used my dimensionals to put the cake into place, and pierced around the right hand side.

Wow, thats only using 1/2 of one piece of DSP sheet! Got plenty more to go, so will have to get creating! Tune in next Saturday for another Saturday Spotlight!

1 comment:

Karen said...

Holy Cow Melly!! You've been one super busy girl! lol

Not long now till we have that photo taken eh! lol

Luv K
xo